Click here for provider contact information
Click here to visit this provider's website
ORCA is a not-for-profit association whose membership represents over 90% of the retirement home industry in Ontario. Finding the right retirement residence can be a major challenge—whether you are an adult child or caregiver of a senior, or a senior yourself. Fortunately, we can help you find the answers.
Since 1977 ORCA has been supporting its membership and the advancement of the retirement home by:
- Setting standards for retirement home care and operation
- Providing a peer-review program to assess compliance and to accredit member homes
- Being the voice of the sector in Ontario to government, media, stakeholders and consumers
- Developing pertinent education, programs and materials that comply with current and future regulations to support members in a regulated environment
- Providing industry leadership to the rest of Canada
- Offering learning and networking opportunities for operators and suppliers to meet, share best practices and learn more about each other and the industry at home and abroad
- Providing consumers with easy access to retirement residences in their own communities, complete with direct links to their websites
In 2010, the provincial government announced the creation of the Retirement Homes Act (RHA). This Act was put in place to set regulations for all retirement homes in the province. Since the introduction of the RHA, ORCA has worked hard to provide retirement homes with the tools necessary for compliance with the Act.
If you are looking into retirement home living as an option for yourself or for a loved one, there are many options available for housing and care for Ontario seniors. Essentially, it’s about choice: locating potential residences, learning about them, and then making your final decision.
As you start your search, many questions may arise and so we ask that you please refer to the Help Me Choose section of this website. It is designed to assist you with an easy-to-use research and selection process. We are confident that this will lead you to your most suitable retirement home choice.
Ontario Retirement Communities Assoc. (ORCA) has been viewed 56 times over the past 30 days (10440).