History of the Friuli Benevolent Corp. and the Friuli Terrace
The ground for the seniors’ residence, Friuli Terrace, at 60 Friuli Court, was broken on November 14, 1987. The building itself opened its doors on July 8, 1989.
In 1986, Primo DiLuca, the then President of he Famee Furlane Club, called together a group of prominent members of the Friulan Construction and contracting trades. The topic up for discussion was the possible construction of a seniors’ residence. The group was spurred on by the Ontario Government’s invitation to religious and ethnic groups to build senior apartments for their communities. The Government had further promised to subsidize those residents who could not pay full rent.
A resolution was presented to the Board and the membership of the Famee Furlane Club at the November 1986 general meeting. The resolution was approved unanimously.
Friuli Benevolent Corp has been viewed 37 times over the past 30 days (1254).