Click here for provider contact information
Click here to visit this provider's website
Link to Video: click to view the video
This Campus of Care, located in the beautiful Comox Valley is located near downtown Courtenay as well as other shopping centres and services. Comox Valley Seniors Village, opening in spring of 2009 is a complete Campus of Care with Independent/Assisted Living and Residential Care facilities. Casa Loma, well known to long time residents of the area, sits on an adjoining property and has 125 Independent/Assisted Living Suites. The Campus of Care model allows residents to ‘age in place’, and this is an ideal situation for couples who are able to remain in the same facility as their care needs change.
In British Columbia, assisted living is regulated by the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and monitored by the provincial Assisted Living Registrar who:
- administers the registration of all assisted living residences in British Columbia, whether they are publicly subsidized or private-pay.
- establishes and administers health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- ensures timely and effective investigation of complaints about the health and safety of assisted living residents.
- has authority to inspect residences if there is a concern about the health or safety of a resident.
- refers issues that are not within the registrar’s jurisdiction to the appropriate authorities.
- Coordinates investigation of complaints with the health authority Patient Care Quality Office.
Casa Loma at Comox Valley Seniors Village has been viewed 44 times over the past 30 days (5292).