Although Burlington is not as large as its major city neighbours Toronto and Hamilton, it is still known across the country as one of the best places to retire in Canada. A high doctor-to-resident ratio, beautiful natural places to discover, and a number of excellent assisted-living homes are in Burlington. If you’re considering senior care in Burlington, here are some things to look for as well as a list of residences available to you.
What to Look for When Choosing Senior Care in Burlington
When you are choosing an assisted-living residence, there are three main aspects to ask questions about: the staff, residents, and residence. The staff should make time to speak to you, appear genuinely friendly and interested, greet and interact with residents in a friendly and warm way, and handle emergencies in a professional manner. Residents should appear happy, enjoy socializing, be approachable, and there should be hobbies and groups on site that interest you or your senior loved one. As for the residence, it should be clean, provide housekeeping often, be safe and secure, have bathrooms that are easily accessible, and have a variety of food options.
The overall environment should be a pleasant place to visit. Does it feel like a home? Does the residence provide activities that interest you? Does it serve heathy food? Are problems handled well? Is the residence in compliance with local licensing requirements? Be sure to do your research thoroughly and shop around before choosing the home for your aging loved one.
Options for Assisted-Living Facilities in Burlington
Here is a list of assisted-living homes in Burlington, Ontario, for you to visit and choose from:
- Appleby Place - 500 Appleby Line, Burlington L7L 5Z6
- Bethany Residence - 2387 Industrial St, Burlington L7P 3A1
- Brantwood Retirement Home - 802 Hager Ave, Burlington L7S 1X2
- Cama Woodlands Home - 159 Panin Rd, Burlington L7P 5A6
- Halton Supportive Housing - Bonnie Place - 500 Claridge Rd, Unit 902, Burlington L7N 2S3
- Halton Supportive Housing - Burlington - 410 John St, Ste 1, Burlington L7R 4P5
- Lakeshore Place - Burlington - 5314 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington L7L 6L8
- LaSalle Park Retirement Community - 18 Plains Road West, Burlington L7T 0B3
- Park Avenue Manor - 924 Park Ave W, Burlington L7T 1N7
- Pearl and Pine Retirement Residence - 390 Pearl Street, Burlington L7R 2M9
- Sunrise of Burlington - 5401 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington L7L 6S5
- Village of Tansley Woods - 4100 Upper Middle Rd, Burlington L7M 4W8
Get Advice from The Care Guide
TheCareGuide.com is an online repository of information and guidance for seniors and their families that has been providing insights into elder care and housing solutions since 1996. Our guide can be used to help determine the best living and housing options for you or your loved ones and can offer important advice on how to successful make the transition into a senior living arrangement. If you’re considering assisted living in Burlington for yourself or your loved ones, more information and advice is available when you contact us at 1-800-311-CARE (2273) or firstname.lastname@example.org.